Hanan M. Isaacs
Location: Kingston, New Jersey
Email: Email Me
Trial practice emphasizes commercial litigation, divorce litigation, labor and employment law, personal injury law, and criminal defense. ADR practice principally involves complex labor and employment, commercial, insurance, personal injury, and divorce disputes.
Biography of Hanan M. Isaacs, M.A., J.D., A.P.M.
Hanan M. Isaacs is a mediator, arbitrator, and trial lawyer with offices in Kingston, New Jersey. An experienced commercial and personal injury arbitrator, formerly for the American Arbitration Association’s New Jersey Regional Office, Mr. Isaacs is also an Accredited Professional Mediator (APM) in general civil and divorce matters by the New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators (NJAPM). Mr. Isaacs is Chair of NJAPM’s Mediation Ethics Review Board and has so served for 5 years. He was NJAPM’s President for the 1999 to 2001 term. His law practice emphasizes employment litigation for workers, business litigation, personal injury law, family law, alternative dispute resolution in those fields and criminal defense.
Mr. Isaacs is a Past Chair of the Dispute Resolution Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association, serving from 1996 to 1998. He received that Section’s James B. Boskey ADR Practitioner of the Year Award in 1999. He served from 1995 until 2005 as an approved Rule 1:40 mediator in the Supreme Court’s statewide civil and family court mediation program, and as a member of the Supreme Court’s Complementary Dispute Resolution Committee from 1996 until 2000.
Mr. Isaacs taught at Rider University’s Law and Justice Program in the fall of 2002 and at Seton Hall University Law School in 1998. He has been a guest lecturer at the New Jersey Judicial College. He served as a Civil and Divorce Mediation Training Programs trainer for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education and NJAPM from 2005 to 2014.
Mr. Isaacs received his J.D. from the University of North Carolina School of Law, with Honors, in 1979; an M.A. in American Legal History from Rutgers University, also in 1979; and a B.A. from Rutgers College, with Honors, in 1975.
A professional mediator and arbitrator for over 38 years, Mr. Isaacs has trained hundreds of CPA’s, human resources professionals, lawyers, and other business community members in the art and craft of negotiation, mediation, arbitration and conflict resolution.
Hanan M. Isaacs is a New Jersey Supreme Court Certified Matrimonial Specialist. This designation is held by less than 300 out of 80,000 licensed attorneys in New Jersey, which amounts to ¼ of 1 percent of the state’s legal population.
- President – New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators. (1999-2001)
- Member – NJ Supreme Court Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee (1994)
- Past Chair – New Jersey State Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section. (1996-1998)
- Member – NJ Supreme Court Complementary Dispute Resolution Committee (1996-2000)
Areas of Practice
- General Civil Law
- Criminal Trial Law
- Employment Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Personal Injury Law
- Family Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New Jersey, 1980
- New York, 1981
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- J.D. cum laude – 1979
- Honors: Order of the Golden Fleece
- Honors: With Honors
- Rutgers University
- M.A. – 1979
- Major: American Legal History
- Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- B.A. cum laude – 1975
- Major: American History
- New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Civil and Divorce Mediation Training Programs Trainer
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators, Civil and Divorce Mediation Training Programs Trainer
- Rider University’s Law and Justice Program, Adjunct Professor, 2000
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Adjunct Professor, 1998
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Top Attorneys, New Jersey, 2010 – 2017
- Best Lawyers in America, 2005 – 2009
- Legend of Alternative Dispute Resolution, NJ State Bar Association, 2007
- Legislative Advocacy Award, NJ State Bar Association, 2005
- “ADR Practitioner of the Year Award”, 1999
- General Practitioner of the Year Award, NJ State Bar Association, 1994
- Golden Fleece Award (for student excellence), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1979
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Family Law, Dispute Resolution and Solo and Small Firm Sections)
- Somerset County Bar Association
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators (Family/Divorce and General Civil Disputes), Accredited Professional Mediator
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – New Jersey Chapter
- National Employment Lawyers Association, New Jersey Chapter
- Coalition for Peace Action, Princeton, New Jersey Chapter
Audio File – Hanan Isaacs On Why He Chose Law