New Jersey Child Support Modification Lawyers

Most families’ circumstances are likely to change in the future. As children grow, their needs will change. Adults may lose a job, get a different job or need to relocate. One party’s health may change. Because no one can plan for every possible situation, family court allows for modifications to certain orders after a divorce is finalized.At Hanan M. Isaacs, P.C., we can assist you with modifications to alimony, child custody and child support orders. If you are seeking post-judgment relief, make sure you discuss your case with an attorney first. It takes significant proof to convince a judge that an order needs modification. Requesting a modification without having the right information is not a good idea. To schedule an appointment with a Somerset County support modification attorney, please call 609-683-7400, or contact us online.

“When Hanan testified it became obvious that his many years of experience as a seasoned attorney added the most value to my hearing and ultimately my winning the case.” – Dan

Modifying Custody, Child Support And Alimony

To modify family law orders, you must demonstrate that there has been a significant change of circumstances for at least one party. The burden of proof is on the party seeking modification. In many cases, alternative dispute resolution (ADR) is useful for resolving modifications.

In child custody and parenting time cases, modification may be granted for reasons such as a parental relocation, concerns of parental fitness or a major change in the needs of a parent or child.

Child support modifications may be granted when there is a:

  • Change in a child’s needs
  • Change in a parent’s finances
  • Parent changing jobs
  • Change in health of a parent or child

Modification of alimony orders is possible if one person’s financial situation changes significantly. Reasons you may be granted modification include:

  • One spouse getting a higher paying job
  • One spouse losing a job or suffering a financial loss
  • A change in the health of a spouse

If the party receiving the support remarries, it will be terminated.

Enforcing Court Orders

If one party is not following custody, alimony or child support orders, we can petition for an order of enforcement. We also represent people who have had enforcement actions unjustly taken against them.

Contact An Alimony Enforcement Lawyer

To arrange a consultation, please call 609-683-7400.

Significant Cases

Audio Files