Central New Jersey ERISA Lawyer
The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) sets federal standards for employer-provided pension, retirement and insurance plans. ERISA grants important rights to employees, including the right to a timely and fair process for benefit claims. Despite those protections, some employer-sponsored plans, including long-term disability insurance, nursing home insurance, long-term care insurance and group health insurance, are notorious for the routine denial of legitimate claims for benefits. At Hanan M. Isaacs, P.C. in Kingston, our attorneys are determined advocates of employee rights and are well prepared to pursue claims on behalf of insured workers.
ERISA is a niche area of law, where every case is literally a federal case, and the individual employee is opposed by a large and powerful insurance corporation. When representing a client’s ERISA claim, our lawyers typically hire an expert in that field of law to partner with our firm. We consider our flexibility to assemble a powerful legal team to be one of the greatest benefits of the boutique nature of our practice. Our attorneys are prepared to handle ERISA claims such as:
- Insurance bad faith
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Denial of a claim for long-term disability or long-term care insurance benefits
- Refusal of your group health plan to approve necessary treatment or indicated diagnostic tests
- Failure to process or pay your claim in a timely manner
- Denial of a continuation of group health benefits under COBRA
- Discrimination in health coverage based on preexisting medical conditions, covered under HIPAA
- Discrimination, prohibited under the Mental Health Parity Act, against those who require treatment for mental illness
- Refusal to pay for the hospital stay guaranteed a newborn and mother under the Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act
- Violations of the Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act, requiring payment for breast reconstruction after breast cancer surgery
Protection from retaliation: Federal and state laws guarantee you the right to file an ERISA claim without fear of retaliatory discharge or other retaliation on the part of your employer. If you have any questions or concerns about retaliation, please feel free to contact our office to arrange a confidential consultation with one of our attorneys.
If you would like to speak to a member of our firm about a potential ERISA claim, or have any other question about our practice, please contact our Somerset County office to arrange a consultation. We accept credit cards and offer general appointments from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, plus evening appointments during the week by pre-arrangement only.