Central New Jersey Employment Discrimination Lawyer
Federal anti-discrimination laws, including Title VII, protect employees from unfair treatment and discrimination based on race, age, gender, disability, religion and national origin. New Jersey’s anti-discrimination laws expand these protections even further to protect same-gender relationships and transgender individuals. Despite these safeguards, however, many employers continue to base employment decisions on unlawful factors or tolerate hostile work environments that foster discrimination.
At Hanan M Isaacs, our Somerset County employment discrimination attorneys protect the civil rights of employees and help them hold employers accountable for discriminatory behavior and policies. send us an email or call us to arrange a consultation about your employment discrimination case.
“[Hanan] allowed the little guy to hit back for a company’s blatant disregard of the law… THANK YOU!” – William
What Constitutes Discrimination?
Not every unfair behavior on the part of an employer is subject to legal action, but employment discrimination that causes economic loss or emotional distress to an employee or job applicant may be subject to a claim against the employer for damages and legal fees. Examples of violations of civil rights in the employment sector include:
- Racial discrimination, sex discrimination, age discrimination or discrimination against other protected classes in hiring, firing or promoting employees
- Discrimination in opportunities for training and enrichment
- Discrimination in recruitment, testing and assignment
- Discrimination in pay, retirement plans, disability leave and use of company facilities
- Reverse discrimination and illegal affirmative action that favors women and minorities over white males
- Racial or sexual harassment, including tolerance of a hostile work environment or workplace bullying as demonstrated by verbal, graphic and written messages that are offensive or intimidating
- Discrimination against GLBT individuals
- Religious discrimination
Handling Discrimination Cases At Every Level
The lawyers at Hanan M Isaacs, our Kingston litigation firm, have extensive experience handling employment discrimination lawsuits involving negotiations, mediation, arbitration, trial courts or appeals. Our employment discrimination attorneys represent clients in unemployment claims and appeals, wrongful discharge matters, employment discrimination lawsuits and retaliation lawsuits. We represent clients in claims governed by:
- Title VII
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (LAD)
We represent clients in front of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights (DCR), the state and federal trial courts, and appellate tribunals.
Contact A Discrimination Attorney
If you would like to speak to a member of our firm about a workplace discrimination claim, or have any other question about our practice, please contact our Kingston, NJ, office to arrange a consultation. We accept credit cards and offer general appointments from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, plus evening appointments during the week by pre-arrangement only.
- William Jenkins v. McCabe Trucking Co. (2014)
- Sharon Blakely v. ABC School (2010)
- John Doe v. American Water Company (2007)
- Michael Ryan v. FAA/DOT (2004)